We are revisiting our conversation about layoffs — from the humiliating to the humane. Either way, it’s what comes next that’s usually the hardest part. We follow up this conversation by talking Nicole (and hopefully some listeners) through some good next steps to take after being laid off. We break down resumes (add a pic or not?), LinkedIn profile photos (bikini or no bikini?), and cover letters (just UGH), as well as a few other necessary evils of job hunting.
Listen to the full episode:
Show Notes and Resources:
To any of you AFers out there job hunting, good luck to you! Let us know how it’s going and if you’ve got any more tips for Nicole. Send us an email or chat us up on social media!
Become a Patreon supporter for exclusive behind-the-scenes material, to vote on topic ideas, get a bunch of great freebies and more at www.patreon.com/womenafpodcast.
Women AF is produced by Mortar Box Media and Engineered by Adam Rostad.
Intro and Outro Music is SQZ by Shane Ivers. Check him out at silvermansound.com.
Check out some of our older episodes:
- 26: LOVE IN THE YEAR 2020 | INTERVIEW WITH CANDICE HARPER
- 25: NAVIGATING THE “IN-BETWEEN” | INTERVIEW WITH AIDA CUBANO
- EPISODE 24: WHO'S GOT YOUR BACK? | INTERVIEW WITH DANIEL RIVERA
- EPISODE 23: TALKING TO KIDS ABOUT RACE | INTERVIEW WITH DR. MEL
- RESOURCES FOR CO-CONSPIRATORS
- EPISODE 22: LAID OFF
- EPISODE 21: BROKENNESS IN MOTHERHOOD
- EPISODE 20: BIG MOVES