Welcome to the second episode of our F*ck That series, where we talk about some sh*tty childhood experiences and how we overcame them! In this ep, Danie tells us how insensitive remarks from classmates, plus growing up in the thin-obsessed culture of the ’90s, sparked an unhealthy, obsessive relationship with eating and exercise that lasted beyond her teen years. Listen in on her personal story of years of struggle with body satisfaction and what it was that finally helped her shift her thinking and find a healthy balance.
Listen to the full episode:
Show Notes and Resources:
What things have you overcome in life? Can you relate to Danie’s experiences? Share your “F*ck That” story with us in an email or on social media for a chance to have it read on air:
Become a Patreon supporter for exclusive behind-the-scenes material, to vote on topic ideas, get a bunch of great freebies, and more at www.patreon.com/womenafpodcast.
Women AF is produced by Mortar Box Media and Engineered by Adam Rostad.
Intro and Outro Music is SQZ by Shane Ivers. Check him out at silvermansound.com.
Check out some of our older episodes:
- 31: BULLYING | F*CK THAT
- 30: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE INTERVIEW
- 29: PARENTING IN A PANDEMIC
- 28: OVERCOMING OBSTACLES | INTERVIEW WITH PRANALI
- 27: LAID OFF: WHAT COMES NEXT
- 26: LOVE IN THE YEAR 2020 | INTERVIEW WITH CANDICE HARPER
- 25: NAVIGATING THE “IN-BETWEEN” | INTERVIEW WITH AIDA CUBANO
- EPISODE 24: WHO'S GOT YOUR BACK? | INTERVIEW WITH DANIEL RIVERA
- EPISODE 23: TALKING TO KIDS ABOUT RACE | INTERVIEW WITH DR. MEL
- RESOURCES FOR CO-CONSPIRATORS
- EPISODE 22: LAID OFF
- EPISODE 21: BROKENNESS IN MOTHERHOOD
- EPISODE 20: BIG MOVES