In the last episode of our F*ck That series, Nicole describes a difficult period of her childhood, when she was left on her own to homeschool herself for months. We learn how she made the best of it, using her creative abilities to get her through those lonely days and prep herself for her later introduction to the social world of high school — and she definitely got in some good training for the pandemic-induced social isolation of 2020.
Listen to the full episode:
Show Notes and Resources:
Tell us your own childhood story that will make us wanna yell, “F*ck that!” on your behalf! We’d love to get an email from you or hear from you on social media, and we might even read your story on air!
Become a Patreon supporter for exclusive behind-the-scenes material, to vote on topic ideas, get a bunch of great freebies, and more at www.patreon.com/womenafpodcast.
Women AF is produced by Mortar Box Media and Engineered by Adam Rostad.
Intro and Outro Music is SQZ by Shane Ivers. Check him out at silvermansound.com.
Check out some of our older episodes:
- 32: EATING DISORDERS | F*CK THAT
- 31: BULLYING | F*CK THAT
- 30: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE INTERVIEW
- 29: PARENTING IN A PANDEMIC
- 28: OVERCOMING OBSTACLES | INTERVIEW WITH PRANALI
- 27: LAID OFF: WHAT COMES NEXT
- 26: LOVE IN THE YEAR 2020 | INTERVIEW WITH CANDICE HARPER
- 25: NAVIGATING THE “IN-BETWEEN” | INTERVIEW WITH AIDA CUBANO
- EPISODE 24: WHO'S GOT YOUR BACK? | INTERVIEW WITH DANIEL RIVERA
- EPISODE 23: TALKING TO KIDS ABOUT RACE | INTERVIEW WITH DR. MEL
- RESOURCES FOR CO-CONSPIRATORS
- EPISODE 22: LAID OFF
- EPISODE 21: BROKENNESS IN MOTHERHOOD
- EPISODE 20: BIG MOVES