Our country feels anything but united these days. The political and social issues in the news have been sparking strong feelings and intense conversations; it’s safe to say passions are running high. You know how it goes: One minute you’re casually scrolling Facebook and see an offensive meme, the next you’re being ALL-CAPS screamed at by your old college roommate’s uncle. In this episode we talk about the ways social media and rampant misinformation play a part in today’s struggle to have a civil or productive discussion.
Listen to the full episode:
Show Notes and Resources:
We’d love to hear any additional insight YOU might have into this political tension, or maybe your tips for keeping a cool head when discussing hot button topics. Or just dish about the best Facebook fight you’ve gotten into! We love to hear from our listeners, so share with us at:
Become a Patreon supporter for exclusive behind-the-scenes material, to vote on topic ideas, get a bunch of great freebies, and more at www.patreon.com/womenafpodcast.
Women AF is produced by Mortar Box Media and Engineered by Adam Rostad.
Intro and Outro Music is SQZ by Shane Ivers. Check him out at silvermansound.com.
Check out some of our older episodes:
- 36: ALL ABOUT THE KICKS
- 35: PROJECTS AND PARTNERS
- 34: LEVERAGING TRAUMA | INTERVIEW WITH CASSANDRA SHUCK
- 33: LONELINESS | F*CK THAT
- 32: EATING DISORDERS | F*CK THAT
- 31: BULLYING | F*CK THAT
- 30: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE INTERVIEW
- 29: PARENTING IN A PANDEMIC
- 28: OVERCOMING OBSTACLES | INTERVIEW WITH PRANALI
- 27: LAID OFF: WHAT COMES NEXT
- 26: LOVE IN THE YEAR 2020 | INTERVIEW WITH CANDICE HARPER
- 25: NAVIGATING THE “IN-BETWEEN” | INTERVIEW WITH AIDA CUBANO